Latium Morini $14.00
A good deal on another "Baby Amarone" and a seriously delicious red blend from the region near Venice, Italy. Medium bodied, spicy and really lovely with summer cuisine with its zippy red berries, cherries and exotic spice notes, perfect for grilled poultry, pork, fish and summery pastas.
Most of the Lambrusco that has hit our shores has been syrupy, nasty stuff like Ruinete (ruin is in the name) and whatever they pour in the Garden of Olives. This is a different creature altogether, bringing soft red raspberry and pink grapefruit up front before finishing clean. It will change your worldview in a single serving.
Gran Passione $15.00
From the land of Amarone comes a delicious Merlot based blend. To perfectly ripe Merlot (60%) is added juice from dried Corvina grapes ala Amarone. Rich, deep and smooth, this is a remarkable Merlot that may just change your Merlot worldview!
Pasqua Passimento Blanco $15.00
With a label inspired from Romeo and Juliet's lover's wall nearby, these Garganega grapes are partially dried, losing 20 to 30% of their weight, before fermentation. The result is a very unique and powerful wine full of dried apricot and honey flavors, with a creamy and rich mouthfeel but balanced by the bright acidity. Yes, a basically a "white" Amarone from Valpolicella.
Delicious, full of dark raspberry, violet, rose, blueberry and black pepper aromas & flavors. Called “Old Modena” as the winery in Modena (just above Bologna in Emilia Romagna region) is 150 years old. Done in the "secco" or dry style, this is nothing like the one you'd find in the "olive garden". This is the quintessential wine to drink with a friends on a hot summer day.
San Brizio $23.00
This is a 100% Garganega from the vineyard behind Villa Buri. Maturation in 500 lt oak barrels fills out the typical scents of Garganega with delicate tertiary hints of vanilla, acacia honey and a complex ripe fruitiness that make it concentrated, mouth-filling and faintly balsamic. This great Soave from the Alpone Valley is rich and well-structured, with a deep straw yellow hue and golden highlights.
Palazzo Della Torre $24.00
This blend of 70% Corvina Veronese, 25% Rondinella and 5% Sangiovese is a smooth, fullbodied cru made in an innovative ripasso style. After the harvest, the grapes from the Palazzo della Torre vineyard follow two different paths: 70% of the grapes picked are vinified immediately, and the remaining 30% are left to dry until the end of December. The fresh wine made at harvest is blended with the fermenting juice of the dried grapes, initiating a second fermentation, and rendering a more highly concentrated and complex wine. Allegrini affectionately refers to Palazzo della Torre as its "baby Amarone." Deep ruby red in color, this wine is brimming with notes of dark, dried cherries, blackberries and hints of dates and mocha.
Cesari Amarone $68.00
The bouquet of Cesari flagship wine is marked by cherry and prune aromas and jammy notes. Toasted nuances and hints of vanilla follow in this full, warm, harmonious red. A long and persistent finish is defined by bold tannins that elegantly coat the palate as well as notes of tobacco and raisins due to being cultivated in the historic Classico area of the appellation.